What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dana's Delight crownlike structures

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Today I noticed that my S. Dana's Delight has 3 crownlike structures at the base of the plant. Does that mean that the original plant has 3 new plants?

It seems so. The plant must be happy under your care!

Of course a few flowers wouldn't hurt!

JimScott, The truth is, your plant hates you. It is forming these crowns to let you know it thinks it is better than you. And, its a survival mechanism! If you don't toe the line soon, these babies will pack their bags, and take the first flight OUTTA THERE!!!! They do have my permission, incidentally, to come live with me, under pristine conditions. Sorry for the bad news, Jim, but someone had to tell you!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thank, Steve, I knew I could count on you! I know my description is a bit vague and one would think that I would know more about Sarracenias - but my little stream experiments cut my plant's longevity short and I never had the opportunity to see much development. Does anybody know if I'm looking at new divisions or possibly flower stalks?

Flower stalks are conspicuously bulbous. You'd know if it were a flower; it looks like a little nut poking up out of the growth point. If the new growth is pointed at the top, it's probably a new point and not a flower. I'm pretty sure that flowers only form at the growth points, so even if it is a flower, if it's not growing from one of the old points, then you do have a new point.
~Joe

I think you are right, Joe.thanks.

I KNOW he's right, Jim! You're welcome!!

Back