Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Switching for indoor to outdoor

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extra rain would only be a problem if you are in an area that has bad air pollution and/or you're trying to sprout seeds. If the air is clean and you have established plants, then consider it free water and the time you would have spent watering can now be spent admiring your plants
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]consider it free water and the time you would have spent watering can now be spent admiring your plants
    That sums it up quite nicely. I've never had a problem with rain. Sometimes I end up with a spot of dirt in some VFTs, but that's the worst of it. Even my D. scorpioides handle all the rain just peachy. My only problem is wind; I'm growing up on the 2nd story, and I don't want any pots getting blown off!

Don't worry, you'll grow out of babying them. Just get so many that you can't any more!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats it! Just put them out and forget about them. Well maybe not totaly. You still want to look at them and make sure they are not dry, but don't worry about them. Sure from time to time things may happen, but things can happin if they are in the house. I had something come trough and cut off my first ever flower on one of my Sarrs, but its a thing that happens. It will flower again next year. Everything is growing and looking good since transfered to the mini bog. The dews have something to be desired, but they may come back from getting rain beated, but they were also little seedlings protected in the GH till they were transplanted in the bog. All the Sarrs are doing wonderful and starting ti fill out even though we have had thunderstorms lately too.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks eveyone...

I have a Drosera Adelae and a Butterwort that I am trying to regrow and my VFT & Sarracenia are sprouting up nicely.

I am wondering if I should keep the 1st two inside to protect the growth and the the latter two outside since they are already thriving.....

Any thoughts?
    Who's your Tiger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would keep the D. adelae inside. and if its P. primuflora then put it outside, they love it there

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only one that I'd keep inside is the D. adelae. Also, if you're moving them outside from low light conditions insider, you'll want to make sure that you aren't giving them too much all at once, as you could burn them. I've never had a problem with Sarras, VFTs burning, though.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add more confusion, D. adelae and P. primuliflora do just fine on a window sill, inside, and flower for me. I wouldn't trust D. adelae outside, between the light and aphids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats true, heck mine flower like crazy every year starting from late feb. until may. But im really not looking forward to bringing all my plants inside on the 26th, stupid Michigan weather.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast