Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Sarracenia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Okay, sounds great! What do you mean by a tub? Was it covered? Thanks!
    Just a standard rubbermaid tub from Wal-mart type thing with a lid. Mine's an opaque black one, but that's just because it was all I had on hand; I overwintered two others in a spare 10-gal aquarium with a zip-lock bag taped over the top.

Quote[/b] ]By the way, are you a Godzilla fan?
    Of course, gotta love the big G.

Quote[/b] ]what cps do you have? how do you protect them from the cold winters? i live in KY so actually you have harsher winters than we do...please give me a list of what you grow out side and maby some pics of your winter "tub"
    Outside, just Sars and flytraps, but I've now got all species of Sar except oreophillia (though the only one I have multiple sub-species of is purpurea). I'm just a hair north of KY actually; I'm in Cincinnati. I really do just stuff them all in a big storage tub and leave them out there, and they've done fine.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting! So when winter comes, you just place the plants in a covered rubbermaid tub.

Yes, i'm a Goji fan, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cincinati eh...i went there for spring break to the aquarium...wasnt to bad but i would have rather gone to Florida. i live in Louisville. how did you say you covered it? and what light did you put them in? im going to try it! PS i think i know a S oreophila supplier. PM me for the site.
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Cincinati eh...i went there for spring break to the aquarium...wasnt to bad but i would have rather gone to Florida.
    Yeah, the aquarium's pretty sweet, but the climate in FL is much more to my tastes.

Quote[/b] ]how did you say you covered it? and what light did you put them in?
    Well, the rubbermaid came with a lid that snapped to it, and I just made a makeshift cover over the aquarium to keep the wind out. There was no light at all in the rubbermaid, and just shade in the aquarium, but I don't think that's as much of an issue of just keeping the wind off them.

Mokele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to go to the Aqarium Some time. What climate are you in? IM in Zone 5/6 Dayton Springfeild area.

Ill have to try the Tubber ware thing. It could be see through right?

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Cinci's a solid 6. And yeah, see through should be fine, as my pitchers in the glass terrarium did just as well as those in the tub. I just happened to have black heavy-duty tubs around for animal transport, and snagged one for the plants.

Mokele

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12