What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus flowers.

<span style='color:teal'>Hello there!

I do not know if this is a good sign, but my Cephalotus is sending up a flower stem.
CEPHALOTUS040520061.jpg

If a plant produces bloom, or it is preparing to do so, does this mean that the plant is healthy and happy? What do you think?</span>

Oh, definitely, that's a VERY good sign. Your plant is very happy. Good job.

-Ben

<span style='color:teal'>Thank you Ben! I hope i can be able to pollinate these future flowers and see if i can have babies  
smile_m_32.gif
</span>

Hi every body,
My Cephalotus which I just bought has two flowers, what should I do to get seed?
the first flower stem is open now do they self pollinate? its in the glasshouse so it could get pollinated by insects but who knows.
I was kind of amazed that I could even buy a Cephalotus in a garden centre and even more amazed that it had two flowers.

cepholotussmall1.jpg

cepholotusflowersmall1.jpg

I'd say it is a good sign! Never had one from my plant!

Great growing as the flowers a mature tease them daily for best results and you should have pods started in no time.

wow. long dead post! :D

good job/luck though! just rub the flowers together and wait.

I cant say I deserve any credit as I bought the plant in flower apart from the credit one should recieve for buying a plant at olympic gold medal type speed.
Im a total newby so have never pollinated any flowers (ok that sounds worse than I mean it) should I use a paint brush I guess I have to do it right now before the flowers are gone
one inflorescence is still in bud the other is as you see in the photo.

By the way I just found this thread by doing a search should I have just started a new thread?

Back