What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new S. purpurea

Goofzilla

I'm Stratified
Howdy,

My local Lowe's just got in a new big set-up with CP's- they had VFT's, Dews, butterworts, and several other things.

For the time being I got a S. purpurea.
I put it outside, and yes, it is pretty weak. I hope it does well!

I just though i'd share.
ef1ca241.jpg

Grow it for a few days in shade. Then, gradually adjust it to sunlight, increasing the photoperiod each day.
Hope this helps,
dewy

But strike while the iron is hot on new shipments! Get 'em before they are too weak to repot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 07 2006,3:52)]But strike while the iron is hot on new shipments! Get 'em before they are too weak to repot.
When would you say to get them, then? I'm not sure when i'll be able to make time to travel back up there.

Don't put it in full sunlight now, it will wilt and probably die, keep it cool and shady for a while, let it grow a pitcher or two, then acclimatize to sunlight.

Yes, I put it in a spot that only gets sun in the morning. Do you think that would work? If not, i'll have to try and find a new spot.

Thanks for your help.

What I meant was that a fresh shipment means that they aren't too weak from neglect.

Okay, I see. I'll try and get back up there, Tuesday. Hopefully i'll be able to snag a ping, or VFT.

I got 3 from Lowes today as well as a rubra. Thanks for the tips folks!
I repot them in 3 inch post using half LFS and perlite.

Tom

I just got 3 from Lowes om Friday myself! As well as a rubra!

My first Sarrs!

Back