What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stinking wind

Granted.. they are the early pitchers, so they have no other pitchers to stand tall with..and i know it happens in nature....  but the wind is driving me nuts. I am in a new-ish neighborhood.. so there isn't anything to cut down on the wind. I made the wire hoops.. which help a little bit.. but the pitchers that are still soft just bend where the wire hits them.

So I have ended up staking the open ones from the inside... i just slide a bamboo skewer down into the pitcher. Seems to work pretty well so far.. and there really is minimal gagging going on by them.

The end

i had to deal with wind last night. temps got down to 39, with winds up to 40 mph. i was afraid the windchill would kill off all the flowers that are still a week or two from opening, but all looks good this morning, so far. maybe the rain that went along with it helped. they got some snow about 100 miles away.

Back