What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are they okay?

ok two things 1st like a month ago i bot  mini bog and in it was a flava in the past 2 weeks or so on the top the covering or whatever of it theres been little red spots comeing up and recently i bought a purple pitcher plant i put holes in the bottem put it in a tray and put it outside but one of its developeing pitchers and one of the big ones have a pale tan color on them but it wasnt like that when i got them they havent gotten worse or better

Wow! The pics you supplied should be most helpful in diagnosing your trouble.

I agree Bugweed. Especialy with the very good explination of troubles.

All jokes aside though. From the sounds of it Reg, going by what you just tried to describe I would say its sunburn. It doesn't sound like you let them aclimate to the higher light situations before plunging them into full sun. Just realize that this is a vague guess from the description given.

liten wise guy i dont have an digital camera and even if i did i dont know how to do stuff like that

Bug, don't be evil, LOL!

Hit it on the head, kid. I am a wise guy. Where CP are concerned. The explanation you got sounds right for the tan color on the plants. The red spots are the main concern. Try a light misting with a fungicide. Preferably Clearys 3336WP. Excellent for CP, and kill many fungus types. Where you can buy it in your area, I have no idea. I got mine through PetFlyTrap. Red spots could be rust, but a pic WOULD help, whether you have a digital camera or not. Otherwise, your powers of description of your problem has to be much more precise.
Always the WISE GUY!
Bugweed

Was that less evil, April?
confused.gif
LOLOL!!!!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

My new S Flava var rugeli has red spots but they are on the old phylodia from winter. i just plopped mine out in the sun and they took off from there! i have a question. on my other Flava(smaller) the pitcher that was coming up is now drooped over and is floppy. i didnt think Sarrs would react the way Neps do...or could it be somthing else?...bugweed?
alex

Come one Reg, please think about what you've typed before you post. There's not a single piece of punctuation in that post and I'd asphixiate if was to read it out loud.

It's been very hard for people to help each other and understand problems recently because of the posts some people have been making.

Maybe you could find a pic of what your plants look like on google.

-Ben

Could someone give me a list a fungicides I could use?

Many fungicides for roses have been used on sarracenia with varied degrees of success. Which ones, I am not sure. I only use what I know works, and I wrote that one in for you already.

update: More spots have shown up and its red and orange and another one of my flavas is infected. I have a question:can this kill the plant or just make it look bad?

It's so hard to tell without a photo
smile_l_32.gif

It's rare for such things to kill a sarracenia though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ May 21 2006,2:35)]It's so hard to tell without a photo  
smile_l_32.gif

It's rare for such things to kill a sarracenia though.
*Does the happy dance*

P.S. as soon as i get a camera and figure out how to put it on the internet I'll post pics. I can only get an disposable camera though so I have to wait till I take it back up to Walmart get the Cd and etc..

Back