What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad you approve! LOL!!! 'Cause THAT is what my house does look like!!!!

Hah! These plants ain't so hot, I saw a SPOT on one pitcher near the beginning, tsk tsk.

Ok, so I'm heterophylous and my mouth looks like these plants, open and hungry.

William! Stop it! Quit usin' ten dollar words on a two dollar mind. Speak English! Layman style.

*drools in envey* *saids in cute little kid voice* "May have one mister?"

Responds with a cute man's voice, "NO!" Learn to grow them, and I will give you any plant in this collection you want. BUT, learn to grow them well before I do!

ok Bugweed. You can devide and send one of each plant this way. Just picking. Those are some awsome plants. Thanks for sharing!

<----Raises hand and says "I know how to grow them sir."

LOL

That is one stunning heavy veined alata Bug. And the Moorei is nice too. Heck they are all nice! I had no clue there was so much varriation in these plants.

I hope my collection gets to be a half as good as Bugs. I couldn't imagine having as many as the other growers Bug mentioned. Since Bug says his collection is small in compairison.

Again very nice Bugweed.

Breathtaking bugweed! That is awesome! How often do you change the media in the tubs? What do you do with them in the winter (I assume you bring the tubs in). I need to find Citronelle White Beauty, it is just amazing.

The media is changed every 7 or 8 years. I add one cup of white vinegar to 3 gallons of RO water for the acid content in the soil. No complaints from any of my babies yet on this method.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 01 2006,11:19)]    CCFC, all containers are, and have always been, undrained. The wetter the better as far as sarracenia are concerned.
Maybe for you in S. California. But here in S. Florida it rains way too much for undrained containers. Plus, the quality of our water isn't good enough to keep the plants constanly waterlogged.

Manny, talk to Trent about another set up we talked about. We have talked in some detail about gorwing in Florida, and rot in particular. BTW, I am not in S. California.

Sorry...I don't know why I thought you were. I will ask Trent. I grow all my Sarracenia in standing water. It's great when it rains, but during dry spells I have to use city water which I've let stand for several days. I know they aren't thrilled by this. They survive...but can do better (like your magnificent plants). I'm possibly relocating to the northern Va. area. I'm curious to know what the water quality is like up there. Where are you located by the way?

Mr. Herrera, if you click on profile, like a PM, it brings up my page that tells all about me, living place, interests, and so on. San Francisco Bay Area is where I grow and live, for now. Thinking of moving on though.

Wasn't the Auction just too FINE?????

Well JB, send about $300.00 bucks, and I will ship in the next week!!!!

not!

Hey Steve, what is the plant behind and to the left of the S. flava var. atropurpurea in front of the D. binata? That is one beautiful plant, not that the other ones arent. Also how long do your rubbermaide containers last outside? I need to get something that lasts longer than one season seeing as how I cant pick up my one tray without it snaping in half.
P1010028.sized.jpg

sorry i reposted it

Is that a REALLY big Minor in the first pic next to the copper top? What exactly is that and where did you get it. Awesome looking plants Bugweed!

S. minor, Long Co., Georgia. From Jerry Hartley (cool85K5), Forum Member.

Hot!

I'm EXTREMELY jealous. If I could even grow 1% of those beauties I'd be a happy boy, indeed!
smile_n_32.gif

Back