Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit to Bugweeds

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after a couple years of prodding, I finally got off my rear and went to vist Bugweed today. Here are a few snaps of his awesome collection.

Enjoy,
    Steve

Just ignore the mess VFT Guy made around my tables. **That black tube you see snaking around in front of the tables is actually alive and is trained to move directly under the foot of anyone who attepmpts to enter the yard... **

Ok, Steve, they saw this already.

WELL FINE! Show the whole dang world!!!!

The s. rubra bog. Wherryi red form Citronelle Bog. mobile Co., Ala.
    wherryi typical Baldwin County, Perdido, Alabama
    wherryi Stocky Form Escambia County, Ala. Near Atmore.
    s.r. ssp. jonesii Etowah Bog, Henderson County, N.C. Extinct
    Etowah Bog Heterophylla Form
    McClure's Bog, Henderson County, N.C.
    s. r. ssp. gulfensis Yellow River, Santa Rosa County, Florida
    Red Form Turkey Hen Creek, Okaloosa, Fla.
    Ancestral Form Taylor County, Georgia
    Heterophylla Yellow River, Santa Rosa Co., Fla
    They herbicided the Yellow River site to death. Progress
    Typical S. alata. This little Bog hails from St. Tammany Parish from a rescue in a power cut. They herbicided this ones home too. But they didn't get it's genetics!!!! NASC got'em!!!!

Bagdad Bog, Florida. Nice hybrid bog. A species or two does live here, but the hybrids were too much!
    S. flava var. rugelii
    S. leucophylla
    s.X readii.
    s. X popei.
    s. X moorei
    And mixtures in between.

This is Ron Lane's "lightly veined." Clone #2 I grant when it first opens, the veining is attractive, but not altogether too noticeable. The copper lid was a plus!

Good shot of the "Copper Lid".

This is the oldest leaf on Ron's clone #2. The veins have turned purple, and appear to have increased. Also, I noticed a purple flush in the throat. Wonder if I can bring that out of this plant somehow, next year?

Another shot of the oldest leaf. Not so lightly veined now. Whatever set this off had to do with maybe getting more sun, or more intense sun. (Uh, It wasn't the tannic acid I put in!)
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Away shot of Ron lane's Oreo clone #2.

Uh, oh! Its the Catalani-Truesdell oreo clone. Better git my shades on, Bro!

Look at it!!!! Pretending to be minding its own business, and is really just showing off!!!!!

FOCUS!!!!!!! **Yeah yeah yeah....**

FOCUS, AGAIN!!!!!!!! **Blah blah blah.. can you say "broken record"? **

Even in the shade, this throat stands out!

What's this ugly mess??!!

OO! Nice purp! What's that white flower?

More VFT's. And P. planifolia.

*d. filiformis Florida Giant *p. ionantha

* *d. rotundifolia

* p. primuliflora * And a whole lot more!
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left to right. s. flava red lip, s. flava var. cuprea (now atropurpurea I'm afraid) Giant lid.. A nice rubricorpora, and s. alata from Robertson County, Texas.

Favorites! S. minor var. okeefenokeensis, red form.

S. minor, var. okeefenokeensis, red form. Another view. VFT Guy fell in love with these! Got one too if I remember right. **Absolutely!! Thanks again for that awesome plant.. Can't wait for mine to look as good as yours.**

Ron Lanes s. flava var. rubricorpora and Texas s. alata.

What! Utricularia subulata!?!?!?!?!? Have I got those? **Uhhh yeah.. I'd say you have a little dab of that.. lmao (It is like a carpet over most of his collection.. shhhh but you didn't hear that from me )**

Sorry, Ron. I did it again. Gave the once s. flava var. cuprea a name change. Now its s. flava var. atropurpurea. varietal name description said so. All I did was give it 12 to 14 hours of direct sunlight, and it does this to me. Now what, Ron?? **Some people just can't resist rocking the boat**

See?? All red, inside and out!!!

s. rubra wherryi Yellow flower.

De PHAT BOIZ!! Covington County, Alabama S. flava var. rugelii

Hurricane Creek White Humming. No, wait!! That's not right! AH! Hummers Hurricane Creek White. Phew! Glad I got that out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It occoured to me that posting 101 photos in a single post might seriously hamper users with slower connections, so I am splitting my post into 3 parts.

Enjoy,
    Steve

Citronelle White Beauty showing the first starts of pitcher death. The funeral is in about three weeks!

VFT clones. Peter's Giant
    Giant Rosette red/purple
    fine tooth X red jaws
    jaws
    Burbanks finest. (if that is the best they got, back to the drawing board!!!!)

S. X catesbaei Wilkerson Bog, Walton Co., Fla.
    S. flava var. rubricorpora Liberty County, Sumatra, Fla.

Left s. leucophylla Covington County, Alabama
    Right s. leucophylla Citronelle Bog, Mobile Co., Ala.

Face on shot of s. leucophylla Covington Co., Alabama

Ah! The PHAT BOIZ!!! S. flava var. rugelii Covington Co., Alabama

s. X catesbaei Wilkerson Bog, Walton County, Fla.

Another shot of s. X catesbaei next to a black tube s. alata

s. alata red/black Stone County, Miss. White's Crossing

s. flava var. rubricorpora from the South side of the Radio Tower, Liberty Co., Fla.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moorei Acres. Avalon Beach, Florida. Santa Rosa County, Fla.

S.X moorei with leuco traits.

OOOO! Avalon Beach s. flava var. atropurpurea.

I am going to have to change where they grow to get more sun! They look ornata I know, but they are atropurpurea; All Red, when growing in full sun.

Hmm. Tibbie Bog plants. In front is a favorite s. X areolata. Very white with the red smeared and veined in a most attractive way!

More moorei, Avalon Beach

A very nice purple topped moorei from Wilkerson Bog. Wilkerson Bog has some of the prettiest and most robust plants I have ever seen. We all owe Brooks Garcia our gratitude for sharing it with his friends, and spreading the beauty of this bog!

S. rubra ssp. alabamensis "red form". Got Red???

Yet another s. r. alabamensis.

A very PALE readii.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right! I grabbed him by his little throat for givin' me LIP!!!!

Let him go so we could get a shot. Pale s. X popei. Bagdad Bog, Fla.

s. X popei X s. leucophylla. Natural. Bagdad Bog.

Catalani-Trusdell clone. The spread of the purple in the hood can be seen better in the shade. The throat looks FULL!

Pulled into the light, this clone SHINES!!!!!!!

In case you haven't guessed by now, this oreophila clone is my pride and joy. Catalani-Truesdell Clone.

Horry County, South Carolina S. minor. Cartwheel Bay

These red beauties are RobSaciloto's own clone, the "Red Sumatra" A most beautiful moorei to be sure.

Sarracenia X "Rite-Aid" Funny name for a clone.

A hodge podge of color and class. nature can be the classiest!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S. flava var. cuprea "Copper Blush" from Brisco 225 South Santee Pine Barrens Berkeley County, South Carolina

Copper Blush Cuprea. First pitcher of the season.

Flava ssp. flava style throat of the Copper Blush.

S. minor, Long County, Georgia

A dark pic of Bagdad Bog.

A Wilkerson Bog s. X catesbaei stowing away at Bagdad Bog. (Don't tell anyone!)

5 inch across p. primuliflora growing in the shade of pitcher plants.

Hosford, Fla. VFT growing in a waterlogged bog.

d. intermedia "Carolina Giants" 3 to 4 inch plants growing in the wettest muck on earth---BugweedFarms Bogs!!

Another shot of s. r. ssp. alabamensis red and typical forms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phony s. X Leah Wilkerson. An identity thief not very good at trying to be what it is not.

Check this Wilkerson Moorei! Can't keep his BIG mouth shut!

OK! Up against the wall! OH! SORRY! Didn't know it was you, Mrs. Leah Wilkerson! Yup! The real one!

A Wilkerson Bog s. flava var. atropurpurea.

You have you glory hounds, your "side" hogs, but here is one who searches out the camera! S. minor from Horry Co., South Carolina, take a sabbatical, OK?

Oh, Gawd! Didn't want anyone to know I had Broad Leaf capensis!

This rubricorpora is for anyone with little light. This one stands in the shade behind the rest of the rubricorpora's, and still turns bright red. The ONLY place slightly green, is where this one touched another pitcher leaf. Incredible plant!

Same s.f. var. rub. Shows the slight green spot where it leaned. The throat will be all red by the end of this tubes life.

Stone County s. alata. s. leucophylla.

Same pic with a leuc .

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast