What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph turning yellow

Hi all
My ceph is turning yellow and there are only 5-6 pitchers or leaves that arent yellow and that are green. I grow them under 2 30Watt compact flourecent light bulbs for about 15 hours a day. They were just repotted today into a mix of perlite and peat. (2:1) I water them overhead and they are in a terrarium with about 80F and 70% humidity. Can I do something to help it?
IMG_1239.jpg

U cant really see that its yellow on the other side but it is. Thanks!!

I'm not sure, but I'd think that the temp is too hot for it. I think cephs like it a bit on the cooler side, around 70-75 degrees.

-Ben

I'm looking around for any winter leaves that you could cuttings, as a back up. That's what I did when mine decided to die.

It has only like 2 winter leaves. I hav a strange plant. Its just a big clump of pitchers. If I find a winter leaf and then cut it then should I plant it directly in the same pot or wat? Thanks!

What I do is tug it so that the white part from the stem is taken with it. There are a variety of ways to handle it afterward. Some put the leaves in a Ziplock with moist media and place at an east window - and wait. Last year I had success with placing them in live, swampy LFS. Currently, mine are embedded in a D. paradoxa container, with live LFS, but not swampy. I would delicately take what ya got!

O thanks! I do it the way the others did it. In a ziplock bag. Thanks!

Well since Jimscott already gave you an answer, anything else might be redundant.

I do not hav live LFS so I was looking for something else.

Then I would go with straight peat moss. Anything else added to the soil may not help it to root and settle in. Very wet straight peat is a very loose medium for root development. And at this stage, much needed.

Hope this doesn't confuse the issue, but if you don't have the live LFS, the dried may be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot for `$5.

Back