Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: H. minor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin' good everyone. I have a young H. heterodoxa that's slowly making its way into adulthood. I'm expecting mature pitchers within a year.

*fingers crossed*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope mine does well. If I can grow this one I might graduate to another form. I'm following the directions in "The Savage Garden".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heteradoxa aggravates me with its slow growth, but its well worth it when it does put out leaves. It took mine a couple years to put out mature pitchers, and it hasnt made one for well over a month.

Happy growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just how many different forms of this plant are available commercially?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (droseradude @ July 05 2006,9:37)]Heteradoxa aggravates me with its slow growth, but its well worth it when it does put out leaves. It took mine a couple years to put out mature pitchers, and it hasnt made one for well over a month.

Happy growing.
    Interesting. My clump was a year old when I got it (last summer I think) so I probably have a ways to go before I get mature pitchers. I can't wait though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very fun when they come up, they also seem to be gigantic compared to the juvenile pitchers, and since they grow vertically vs. horizontal to the ground its all the more contrasting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This little guy's pushing up another little pitcher as we speak. That makes its third since I brought it home at the end of April. I'll try to post another pic sometime soon. Slow growth is a bit relative, I guess. This thing seems to be taking off to me, but it's only got a total of about 5 pitchers, compared to the VFTs next to it which have put out 3-5 traps in the past few weeks. I'd be happy it was surviving, but it seems to be doing a bit better than that, so I'm thrilled.

Gig Harbor, WA, United States (40 miles from Seattle)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are many CP's that can be grown without following "mythical, textbook" CP cultivation techniques. Heliamphora is not one of them. Following The Savage Garden is probably the best bet. And as far as the sphagnum goes, you just have to get lucky depending on the type of LFS it is. When it is sterilized, some of it dies, some doesn't. Just like Rattler said, it'll grow where you don't want it to. If you want Live LFS, you may just have to break down and buy it live. I'm still a newb, in sorts, but this is what I have found in my exp.
    I must get food for Master.......

Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....080;r=1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast