What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anybody know where i can buy pitcher plants?

• Thread starter geffcardo
  • Start date
Big hardware stored are your best no-name opportunities. It never hurts to look in nurseries, though. But if you're seriously considering growing, then being able to do things online could make life easier.

I second the Lowes stores. I have seen S. purpurea, rubra (as labeled), Dana's Delight, D. adelae, D. spatulata, Darlintonia californica, VFT's, P.primuliflora, N. sanguinea, and N. ventrata.

For me the best place is online. Lowes does carry VFTs, sundews and small sarrs. once in a while but nothing spectacular. Home Depot here sucks. Try some smaller garden centers in your area, I have one near me that carries "Little shop of horror" brand VFTs that are in good shape if you buy them within a few days of arrival. Also ASK your local centers if they would get some various carnivorous plants in. They may be will to order some!

Tom

Heck I've even seen 'em all the all American, Wal-Mart. Just about any of the big stores who want to make a quick sale will probably have a few. Lowes seems to carry the largest variety though I have even seen some N. Truncata at Home depot. Lowes as mentioned usually just has S. purpurea and S. rubra. The walmart around me tends to be unpredictable. I have gotten S. purpurea, S. Flava, S. x Catsbei, S. Minor, S. x wriglyana(sp?), and S. Rubra. I've gotten a couple VFTs, a P. Moransis, and I may have once gotten a D. Capensis there also. It just depends where you are. Some places have lotsa CPs and others don't. Hope this helps your nonline(
smile_m_32.gif
) quest.

~Wes~

its really exiting to find good cps in your area because its usually so rare, i am lucky enough to live right next to jeremiah harris so i can go over to see his greenhouses and trade for some rare varieties, try home stores, the ones they carry are usually low quality, but at least they have them, check for local growers and societies near you as well, if you are lucky and find a nursery, thats great too because they are higher quality than home stores, online is much better though

Back