Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone 6 and below growers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whsat do you growers leaves outdorrs in Zones 6 and below? I am thinking about some Sarracenia her in KY. and some D. intermedia. Anyone do any others that do well? Thanks.

Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zone 6 here as well. You can grow Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea, Drosera intermedia, D. anglica, D. linearis, D. rotundifolia, D. Drosera filiformis ssp. filiformis, D. x obovata, D. x anglica, Pinguicula vulgaris, P. grandiflora, P. macroceras, P. longifolia, P. villosa, Also there are some Utricularia like U. purpurea and U. subulata(depending on where its from).

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a cross between 6 & 7, but am closest to six(right on the border of 7). I have S. 'Dixie Lace' S. x Catsbei S. Purpurea ssp. Venosa, and a VFT out right now. I had a S. Oreophila but it got washed away by a heavy rain. It was happy up until then.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ July 03 2006,4:59)]I am a cross between 6 & 7, but am closest to six(right on the border of 7). I have S. 'Dixie Lace' S. x Catsbei S. Purpurea ssp. Venosa, and a VFT out right now. I had a S. Oreophila but it got washed away by a heavy rain. It was happy up until then.
    Wesley, have you been taking lessons from Jimscott??

Wish I could leave my plants out during the winter. I'm zone 5 and winters get just a tad too cold to leave plants out.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know know... that darned stream he's always putting stuff next to. LOL

I was a VERY small plant and just didn't get the chance to establish. If I had know it had been washed out I'da saved it before it dried up. I was sad to say the least.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the experts on this topic would be mabudon. From him I've learned to push the limits of what can be grown outside. We both live in Canada, in 5a. He has grown many varietes of Sarracenia as well as the more hardy drosera (intermedia, filliformis). He may have done VFT's and I'm certain there is more. I'll wait for him to find this topic or you can send him a PM.

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't surprise me. I think people need to push the limits with these plants a lot more. They are more resiliant that people might think. Once they're in the ground and established, they're almost unkillable.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Doc!
    i live in kentucky too! louisville in fact. this is going to be my first winter to put plants through dormancy so wish me luck! im keeping S. Dixie Lace and VFTs out this winter but my S. flava is staying in the fridge.
    Good luck with yours!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast