User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Floppy Trumpets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Sarracenia is growing well but the new Trumpets are not standing upright.....It gets plenty of sun and rain and/or spring water....

Not sure of the species but it is green with some red at the top of the Pitchers.

any thoughts?
    Who's your Tiger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I asked this same question last year about "floppy pitchers" and got all sorts of smart arsed answers, LOL!

I'm thinking that some varieties of pitcher plants put up floppy pitchers early in the season, and they're followed by more tumescent ones later in the season.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly what aprilh said. some sarrs like S. Rubra produce cuddy pitchers early then awesome looking ones later on.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alex is right. i had like 20 uknown rubra hybrids that i thought looked like crap, so i planted them at the edge of our lake. now thay are beat-red and stiff and look fantastic!