Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: leucophilia question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping somebody could help my poor sarracenia. I bought this white trumpet sarracenia leucophili (sp?) a few years ago, and it grows nice and tall, but the pitchers are dinky small. the plan almost looks like grass because it's so thin. I give it plenty of sun, distilled water, and it grows in spagnum peat moss. I have other sarracenia that are all doing great, but this guy just keeps growing out these tall, but really really tiny pitchers. I can't figure out what's wrong. Any thoughts?

thanks.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its fine nothing is wrong. during early summer S. leucophylla can put up non-carnivorous leaves called phyllodia. later on you will get the nice pitchers.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it's been like that for two years. is that normal to have several years of dinky leaves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your soil base, and water type you use on them???? My Ctenium Fields leucophylla don't grow a thing until summer. At least for the last two years. Soil base, please! And water type!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine have the same issue.

I have one that has been growing in a patio bog for 3 years with s. wrigleyana and s. purpurea. The latter two speices are gigantic and extremely robust, but the s. flava looks more like a grass, with spindley (sp?) growth that tend to start out normal enough, but then turn all dry looking by the time they're a 10+/- inches tall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that comes to my mind is a light issue, but that can't be right because you state your other plants are thriving. Do you have a pic of this plant?

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep them very wet, also like most plants the bigger the pot there in the bigger the plants can grow.
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403