What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ceph

• Thread starter zac
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ceph
Well, here he is (yes it's a male).

July31st020.jpg

July31st006.jpg

And the new crown that seems to be coming up along the side:

July31st016.jpg

Zac

Wonderful!!  Very nice.  Thanks for sharing! I definately want to try one of these again!

Is that from Biollante?!?!? dude that little guy is looking real good , Happy Birthday indeed, finally Cephs in Canada in limited abundance!

Yah it is from Biollante! I am so pumped about this ceph! Got a couple of sarrs but I'm scared to go take pics in this heat.

Zac

Your plant is looking happy. Several years ago I became unhappy with the jungle of moss that looked like your photo. I carefully removed the moss layer without disturbing the Cephalotus and then put a thin top layer of perlite. The moss has never returned and the the pot looks much better.

-sigh- how long do you think it will take for my seedlings to look like that? 4 years, 5?

whats biollante?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 01 2006,10:36)]whats biollante?
Here is what I found at
http://www.onlyinternet.net/awinterrowd/kaiju/gallery/biollante.html
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Biollante is the result of an experiment in genetic engineering. The creature was created by splicing together the DNA of three organisms: a rose, a human female (Erica, daughter of the scientist), and Godzilla himself. Biollante originally appears as a huge rose with deadly venus-fly-trap-type tendrils. Later, Biollante reappears as a grossly mutated plant-monster (see picture) who, at 200,000 tonnes, is Godzilla's most massive opponent ever.
Also the screen name of a member of the Ontario CP forum
http://ocps.proboards78.com/index.c....ollante

lol I hope he's the latter

oh i thought it was a nursery
biggrin.gif

Watch out, guys. If you let a ceph get out of control, they can be dangerous:

cbc99d39.jpg

Capslock
smile_n_32.gif

I hate to say this, but CALL A PLANT DOCTOR< COS THAT CEPH IS SIIIIIICK!!!

Really man, you lucked out HUGE on that wacky looking plant, Caps.... sadly I think I could enjoy a pic a day of that thing.... someday.... someday my little Cephs should look like that....

did the source have any secrets to getting such a large specimen to happen, by the bye??? I imagine feeding it must be part of the answer, and genetics couldn't hurt....

And Zac still has a darn fine Ceph for Canada I must say
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (costaricacultivator @ Aug. 01 2006,12:24)]-sigh- how long do you think it will take for my seedlings to look like that? 4 years, 5?
8-10

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (costaricacultivator @ Aug. 01 2006,12:24)
-sigh- how long do you think it will take for my seedlings to look like that? 4 years, 5?

8-10

yikes!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

lets compare to elgecko's!....before it was divided
alex

Holy cow ! That plant is sick, sick sick.... you better send it over to my place right away. I'll try to nurse it back to health. No promises but it may take a while
smile.gif

Nice looking cephs.

Capslock's plant looks like it has meater pitchers then mine did.

cephsplit1.jpg

Mine is not wasting much time to replacing the divisions I took from the mother plant.

Hopefully between Capslock and Elgecko's Ceph pics, they will embarrass my little guys enough to at least make them turn red...
I tried to forget about that wacky one you had, Steve, WOW!!

This plant is not impressive in size...yet. Give it 2 or so more years, but I love the way the "Hummer's Giant" turns the deep red color it does.

chum.jpg

Back