User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Cephalotus Pitchers Die When Moved?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will cephalotus pitchers die when moved like neps? Also what should the soil mix be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cephs might suffer from a shock, I had it when I placed them outside where the humidity is a lot lower then in my terrerium, but it's doing great now.

I grow my Ceph in a regular peat perlite ( 50/50 ) soil mix, as long as the mix drains enough water it wil be alright.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In my experience, my Ceph has done pretty well with changes and doesn't let any pitchers brown. Give it enough stress and I'm sure you can lose pitchers, though.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one Ceph lose a few pitchers when it was moved to an area with less intense light, but the plant recovered just fine by pumping out many replacements. Other than that I've noticed that Cephs are much tougher than many growers give them credit for. I had one Ceph that I repotted like three separate times within a few months and it didn't slow down one bit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Other than that I've noticed that Cephs are much tougher than many growers give them credit for.
    Difficulty is always relative. I grow a Ceph and a Heli as a plain windowsill plants. But some people would kill me for the ability to do so. Or out of jealousy.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceph's HATE to have their roots disturbed, for repotting I usually take the dirt it's in and just put it into a bigger pot with more dirt. My dirt? I usually use a mix of peat, sand and perlite. I kinda mix it by feel instead of by specific amounts, Ceph's like to be well-drained, but also good & solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the cepts is strong, it should be no problem on just moving to another area supposing that ligh, temp., and humidty is good.

Hi quogue, I agree with your point, it really will have problem if any root disturbed.
    My real experience that I re-potted my cepts with root cut / broken during migration The grow of whole plant would clearly and suddently stop, some smaller pitchers began to "dry" out on the next day.

I don't know how long the cepts will recover her growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT has been said its all relative to the grower, you cant meassure any specific thing, except for the few required things like lighting, watering, soil depth, and nutrient free soil, but other wise Size of pot, humidity, and all those other fluxuating factors are all relative. Some one could have it horrible with the repoting, but some could have no problem at all with it. Ive never grown a ceph but I want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast