User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sarracenia: Before and After photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't posted here in a while, but I just decided to show some Before & After shots of some of my plants over the last 3 months.

S. purpurea
    BEFORE (May 2006): These were slow to start off this year because there was A LOT more cloudy and rainy days than usual this spring (Bay Area, California).

AFTER (August 11, 2006): Full pot!!! It grew slowly for weeks, and it wasn't until the past few weeks that the pot got filled up. I definetly need to seperate these for next season.

NOTE: The grass in the above photo is from the LFS I put in the pot. Every plant I used that LFS for grew grass. I don't want to pull it because I am afraid to disturb the root systems of the CP.

S. minor
    BEFORE (May 2006): Photo taken on the day of purchase, it was in a 2"pot and I repotted to a 4" pot. The plant lacks color, and probably wasn't recieving proper lighting.

AFTER (August 10, 2006): Much better color now. It gained a lot of new pitchers and i'm really surprised at how big the little babies got.

S. purpurea x ? (Help ID Please)
    BEFORE (May 2006): Same as above. The day of purchase, and repotted to 4". Also looking like it needs more light.

AFTER (August 10, 2006): Now that it's full sun, it turned DARK RED!... It looks like a different plant now!

Oops, it's 4:30 AM... I should sleep.

BTW, I confess to breaking a big CP rule. I've been watering with tap water since the first pics were taken. They've been doing fine though, right?...
    Statik2426

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic.

Yank that grass out if you want. Your purps will be well anchored in the soil.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the last plant is S. "Love bug". Great plants. How many hours of sunlight do you give them?
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with the (Bleeping) grass. your plants look great.
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, your plants look amazing man. I love seeing progress like that! I especially like that pot full of Purple Pitcher Plants.

This makes me want to try some outdoor CPs this next growing season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I always was a sucker for before 'n afters.

Yes, this winter really was weird! We got those one or two really warm weeks very early, then it all went to sod again for a good while longer than hoped for. I actually had a funky flowering season with my Sarracenia because of it.

Whereabouts coastal Cali are ya? I'm abouts Santa Cruz (Aptos, actually); about an hour south of SJ.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing transition!!!