What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best pot for cobra lily?

What is the best kinda pot for a cobra lily? I'm looking at this pale brown color ceramic pot. Is this good. I think it's like 7.5-8in. Would that be for life, just change the media every year? Or just go with my green 4in plastic pot?

Deep, wide, and plastic!

I really don't know. I have just never used anything but plastic. However, in reading posts about appropriate CP vessels, ceramic has come up. I'd wait for others to state opinions about ceramic pots.

Come on people I just got my cobra lily and it's in a little 4in plastic pot. Also would a mix used for neps be good for a cobra lily? Something like LFS mixed with this orchid mix I have?

My personal thought on use of ceramic pots is only if the pot is glazed.
My Cobras are in a glazed 6" pot.
I use a soil mix of perlite, peatmoss, LFS and lava rock.

Glazed undrained ceramic pot for me. Soil is strait LFS completly waterlogged. 2 years now and my cobra still loves me.

I keep my cobras in a 6'' green plastic pot outside with about the same soil mix as elgecko uses.

With glazed it's probably worth mentioning that it should be glazed inside and out. 90% of the pots I've seen are only glazed on the outside.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Sep. 09 2006,12:07)]With glazed it's probably worth mentioning that it should be glazed inside and out. 90% of the pots I've seen are only glazed on the outside.
Good point.
I did not mention that. I only use they if the entire inside is glazed.

Yea that is a good tip too. I found a pot at wal-mart that is glazed all the way around. It is also only $5.00 on clearence and is like 8in. I think that is what I will use. The color is like 3 shades of very light brown. Why is ceramic good for cobras? Does it not heat up or something?

Ceramic in general destroys heat, thats why its a good choice for cobra's

Back