Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cephalotus covered in little red dots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at the beginning of summer i had a spider mite break out on my two neps. they were underneath the leaves and made little webs. i used isotox for that and it work great! it got rid of all of them within 2 weeks or so.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good. The top on the N. ovata died, and it's coming back with three (!) basals. Similar situation for many others - multiple basals or side shoots. Lost N. inermis and densiflora to a humidifier mishap, but they were coming back super slow to begin with. Kept them anyways in hopes that they might have a third resurrection. Among the lowlanders, everthing except N. distillatoria and madagascariensis are doing good - not sure about those two since the lowland tank is on a shelf at shoulder-level and I've been trying not to disturb it since I got your plants in there. I just know the tops sticking out of the pots seem relatively lifeless. N. bicalcurata is doing this strange thing where it starts to put out a leaf, then the end of the leaf burns before unfurling, then it starts another. So far I have two little stubby leaves half-leaves and another on the way. I don't want to take them out of their enclosures, but if I can stick my camera in and get some good pics then I'll post them.
    Thanks again!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 14 2006,3:18)]at the beginning of summer i had a spider mite break out on my two neps. they were underneath the leaves and made little webs. i used isotox for that and it work great! it got rid of all of them within 2 weeks or so.
    Alex
    Alex: Thanks for the info about your spider mite breakout. Where did you buy your Isotox?

Also, reading your response (and many others on this board and the UK CP board) I'm realizing that my pests don't hang out underneath the leaves. In addition to that, I've yet to find webbing of any kind on the affected plants. Maybe I don't even have spider mites...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12