What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lid Licking

It's gooey like pudding and it's mildly sweet. Tastes like Tapioca.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Woodnative @ Oct. 17 2006,7:04)]Clinton did not inhale, I did not swallow.....
Well put! I can't help but laugh at the length of this thread. Never a dull moment in the life of a CP grower I say.

xvart.

amen xvart!
Alex

Hehe, once I considered filling a pitcher with tobacco and smoking it.

Decided not to....

I should sell Sarracenia Cigarettes. All the flavor, twice the poison.

wow...or some other substance we cant mention on the forum
smile_m_32.gif

Alex

Yeah I didn't think anyone would believe it was tobacco...

Stay in school, kids!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hehe, once I considered filling a pitcher with tobacco and smoking it.

That could potentially be quite a bit of tobacco. !! If you don't watch it, you'll come up with something good and the Cuban sigar makers will send ninja assassins to get you. >_>
:tinfoil hat:

I have tasted most of my collection, including eating some D.capensis flowers scapes and the nectar or dew of just about every other CP I own, all the dew and nectar tastes pretty good- Nep drool, to me, tasted like glycerine, kinda, and as I can't recall who said it, kinda made my tongue numb, too

The flower scapes didn't taste like anything really, but they weren't bitter or anything, I think they would be fine as a garnish for salad in the summertime if they're not too poisonous or anything (I asked a bunch of folks before I actually tasted them, being hospitalized by D.capensis would be WAY too embarassing)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](I asked a bunch of folks before I actually tasted them, being hospitalized by D.capensis would be WAY too embarassing)
haha! ill try the dew of my capensis...
Alex

I've tried dew. I didin't notice a flavor. It was like tasteless snot.

Once when I was a kid (like 4) i begged my rents to let me try my dad's cigar. They let me to shut me up. I had one HUGE hit , yes hit not drag, turned green and puked. LMAO I'm a natural.

I just found this thread - what a riot!

I don't make out with my Sarracenia
confused.gif
but I'll often eat the tiny flower scapes that I'm constantly pulling off my D. sphatulata...

Yeah... We REALLY love our plants...

Maybe all that nectar is why we are addicted to cp's....

Must....get...more.....NECTAR!!!! (start shaking)
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

lol, Sounds like a [insert certain plant material] circle

Back