What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lid Licking

i've gotten into the habit of licking the undersides of my sarracenia lids. i encourage it. its delicious. and it may just be my imagination, but i think it makes my tongue go delightfully numb.

whats in this stuff, aside from sugars and whatnot???

I've done it before, too. My tongue has never gone dumb.

I've done it with Nepenthes and Heliamphora. Nepenthes taste much better (sweet). These are also grown in a terrarium, so I know no fly tasted the nectar before I did
biggrin.gif

Once I got a scoop of N. lowii "custard" at the ABG LMAO. Tastes like.. custard. My dad almost died. He thought I ate bugs
smile.gif

I lick the lids and lips =) of my sarracenia but before I was a little to embarassed to admit it. Thanks for helping me get it out.

Just stay away from those toads.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Oct. 17 2006,3:28)]I lick the lids and lips =) of my sarracenia but before I was a little to embarassed to admit it. Thanks for helping me get it out.
Ha. Time for everyone to come out of the closet on this issue!

xvart.

Haha!=)

yeah we have a lot of them around here, mostly around my plants too, haha! =)

Is that the white stuff under the lids?

biggrin.gif

Omg... I havent tried Sarracenia, ive gotten my friends to try the nepenthes lids... but the pitchers were small then and they had to try tiny amounts on tooth picks... some of them now they could probably just lick right up! (goes out and liks a sarr's lid)

I have never done any illegal drugs (although I legally grew hemp for one job...another story). However, I have tasted my Sarracenia...quite sweet, but rather odd taste. There is also nectar along the front/top of the ala. Clinton did not inhale, I did not swallow.....

ive tasted the nectar on my nep...and it is gooood! ive heard other neps taste better than ventrata x ventricosa soo ill have to wait.....this will be the new sweetener! Nepenthes nectar!
Alex

yea... 1000000 dollars for a gram of nepenthes sweetener...

oh yea... nothing... No flavor for the sarr's kind of hairy... (s. luceophyla) ohh yeam Nepenthes though.. N. macfarlanei has had the BEST taste...

so far at least...

Cody: when you get your lowii(if you ever do) send me some of that lowii crud!
Alex

lol IM gonna eat the crud first then maybe ill be sending some out to people...

I'm confused....what is N. lowii crud exactly? Like the stuff in the pitchers? Or nectar? Or ground up plant parts?

-Ben

its just a type of nectar

Back