What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My lil Ceph

Here's some pics of my lil Ceph that is just now starting to grow again. When I first got it, it quickly lost all it's foliage, then had a growth spurt and made all the leaves in the pics, and after 2 months, is starting to grow again.

ceph1.jpg

ceph2.jpg

How does this guy look? Is it healthy?

-Ben

Looking pretty good. I always look to the newest growth, no matter what came with it or what disaster it has passed through. What lighting is it currently getting and are you keeping it in growth mode or slowing it down for the season?

It's growing in my tank, under 90 watts of light, same pot as my D. burmanni. I'm giving them 11 hours, rather than the normal 15 hours, so I guess I'm slowing them down for the season.

-Ben

What is your temp and humidity? I ask this because I also grow mine in a tank but at night I turn on a humidifier for my neps and it get up to about 95%. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

I'm not 100% sure if they are like VFT's & Sarracenias, other than they can take the cold. Anyways, my winter leaf survivor sprout is at an unheated SW window sill, along with the Mexican pings, getting what shines through the pane.

I'm not sure on the temp, since I haven't had a thermometer in there for several months, but usually about 75-80 in the day, and about 70 at night. Humidity fluctuates around 50-70% in the day, (usually 60%) and at night can get around 75-80%.

-Ben

That Ceph sure looks familiar...
smile.gif

It seems that the little guy is growing well for you Ben. Good to see!

I keep some of mine in a windowsill year round. They certainly grow winter leaves, but seem to keep some pithchers going (and growing through the winter). The ones under lights do not slow down, but periodically pop out winter leaves - even in the summer. Do I need to pu them on a winter cycle for their health?

I don't.

Back