Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you guys worry too much lol

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 12 2006,10:28)]I think you guys worry too much lol
    maybe you're right but i have sarr only 2 weeks and this was my second CP so i realy don't have any experience...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full sun, pure water... oh wait that's it... lol

If you live in lithuania, and i'm only speculating that it gets too cold there, just mulch very well. Dig a hole and plop em in the ground then mulch if you're worried. Or put them in an attic or basement with a window. Or a fridge. The point is just whatever. They aren't tempermental or anything. VERY hardy plants.

Luckily i'm fortunate enough to live in Georgia and mine grow at the edge of our lake If only I could combat the weeds.. oh the weeds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good for you, JustLikeAPill
    what realy bothering me is how to understand it's ready for a sleep? i have it only few weeks, less than a month. luckily it's very warm and moist weather now. how long it will take to preapre a plant for dormancy?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With VFT's, the leaves change from tall, long, thin, and upright, to shorter, wider, and laying on the soil. With many Sarracenias (not including the P. purpurea you have pictured), they develop leaves that don't have pitchers, called phyllodia. For P. purpurea, I haven't noticed anything other than cessation of leaves / pitchers.

Would you happen to know what the daily averages temps are for December-> February? If they're not too cold, they could remain outside or at least remain outside with some mulching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 14 2006,6:31)]With VFT's, the leaves change from tall, long, thin, and upright, to shorter, wider, and laying on the soil. With many Sarracenias (not including the P. purpurea you have pictured), they develop leaves that don't have pitchers, called phyllodia. For P. purpurea, I haven't noticed anything other than cessation of leaves / pitchers.

Would you happen to know what the daily averages temps are for December-> February? If they're not too cold, they could remain outside or at least remain outside with some mulching.
    this december daily average temp is +10 C and i have no idea what will be in january last year we had VERY cold and long winter, -28 C temperature held almost 2 weeks! but that was exception.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that the mean temp or the average daily high? Was 10 C the average of the overnight low and the daytime high or the average daily high for the month?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12