User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarracenia oreophila. Strange Fellow!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, JLAP. If you live in Georgia, then NO ONE out of state can sell you S. oreophila. Against Federal Law, you know. They can be gifted, but not traded, sold, or anything else from out of state. Believe me, you don't wanna mess with the Feds. However, you have growers in Georgia who just might take pity on your plight. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pretty nice sized one that I'm really hoping pulls through the winter, when I got it, it was pretty small with only a few leaves but it really took off when I got it settled in!

I got it from ******! For free! He even threw in a large pot for me to pot it in! ^_^

As far as coloring goes... Mine is mostly a mix of red/orange with green bases. I like the coloring a lot. It gets light from sunrise... until about 1 PM so that's about 7 hours of light I'd say. I didn't really know that it changed colors depending on it's light. It's odd.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chron, give it a full days sun. 12 to 14 hours, and see what what changes it DOES go through. I watched mine for years in various light situations, and all day sun brought out color I never even knew was there.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugweed View Post
    BTW, JLAP. If you live in Georgia, then NO ONE out of state can sell you S. oreophila. Against Federal Law, you know. They can be gifted, but not traded, sold, or anything else from out of state. Believe me, you don't wanna mess with the Feds. However, you have growers in Georgia who just might take pity on your plight. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Oh I know this. I was going to ask for it as a gift.

I feel bad asking for free stuff but it's all you can do with this plant and others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, I don't think I could give it that much light. ^^;

It's a little too big for a terrarium right now. It'll be even bigger when it wakes up.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Bug, I don't have a pic right now, but I just repotted a bunch of 1 year seedlings from "mixed forms" seed that originated with you. They get about 6 hours of direct sun. So far they all look about the same. Green and red with a few brown dried leaves here and there.. I think I'll give it a few years

Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12