Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Cephs.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, thanks for posting these pics, totally stunning- I love the "landscape" effect in some of those pics, really REALLY fine lookin collection there!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend. JMatt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went diggin and found these pics.

Just wanted to show you one of my Hummers giants plants I had a few years ago. This is the same plant in my tank that I use a red straw to label. I really don't know what I did the year I grew this one. All I know is that I haven't been able to grow it to quite this size since. I keep trying though. The quarter in the pics, you could almost drop it inside the pitcher. Anyway, I hope you like the pics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giant ceph from the CP Jungle.

I also wanted to show you people this ceph plant I got many years ago from the CP Jungle.
    This plant is very vigorous, and clump forming. It can get massive when you leave it alone for a few years. This picture was a cutting I did, and it always forms these massive clumps. You can see how wide the plant was by the ruler in the pic. It was also probably 5 inches high too.
    I have always liked this clone. It grows quite fast compared to the Hummers giant, and gets large pitchers too. I have maintained this clone very easily for years. This particular plant does not exist anymore though. I got careless for a while a had this plant growing in with a bunch of new orchids I had gotten. I didn't realize that one of the orchids had scale. well, by the time I realized what was going on, this plant was infested with them! It was toast. Thats why I always take cuttings! I still have this clone, and it is doing fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what method do you use to take cuttings?
    do you just pull leafs off or cut them with a knife or scissors?
    I have one ceph that is growing well and I would like more.
    peace,
    Zero

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, Cephalotus cuttings are the easiest and I get about a 100% strike rate. Pinguicula are what's hard for me lol.

Pull the leaf, don't cut it or damage it and take the whole petiole and cover very lightly with the media. That's what I do. The best plants come from Rhizome cuttings for me.

JMaTT, if you'd be interested in trading Cephalotus (or even a few leaves) let me know. I'd like to get some different genetic material in my hands. For some reason mine never produce non cp leaves in the years I've had 'em no matter what I try and I'd like to get a different plant and grow them side by side and see what happens. Let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Cephalotus himself has decided to come by and show Terraforums whatsup with the Ceph's!! Your plants are always kick *ss!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but my plants are nothing compared to Charles Brewers!
    He is the best grower that I know for these things. His collection just blows mine away no problem. I have seen one of his plants that had a pitcher much bigger than my best! Probably 3.5+ inches! Very cool.
    JMatt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good growing! Do these guys ever flower? If so, what season, and what do the flowers look like? Any photos?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast