What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HERE THEY COME!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I had a greenhouse here in Dutchess county! Someday.......

Tom
(Poughkeepsie)

Interesting Buggy. I live only about 300 miles north of you and as of today, none of my Sarracenia are showing any flower buds -- although all now have active root elongation. Probably our temps in the mid-20F a few weeks ago set things back. Within a week or so, flower buds will start.

A few of the Dionaea are starting to put up flower buds and the Mexican Pings have continued flowering like crazy.

I am about 60 miles South of BW and only one of mine is flowering, so don't feel too bad Bob. I think BW uses steroids for his plants anyway... lol

Superthrive, injected. Should see da muscles on these guys!!! Bet they could BITE one outta the park! Don't tell the Govt.!!
"Why no! I got these muscles eating flies! Honest!!!!"

I don't doubt it BW lol. In fact, I now have two plants that are flowering. The other came from Phil, whom I suspect also injects his plants with something... lol... Do you two have a side business going together? Do you need a partner? I'll bring some $$$ lol

I'll take the $$. But you still have to go away! No Growing Secrets For You!!!!!!!

ouch.. now THAT hurts :(

Well... at least that saves me some $$$

You're always talkin' ****!!!!!

yeahhh but you need it...

OH! That's right! I do! Wow! Thinking of me eh, Steve?? What're friends for?????

Oh, yeah! Gonna rain! So I did a new count.

202 buds.

lol
yeah, I'm still at 2 if you count the ones that haven't left the rhizome.....if not then I have 0

I MIGHT have one flower bud starting to come up on one I thought may have died in the attic! Next fall they all go in the fridge! All my VFTS survived the fridge!!!! The VFTS are all waking up and growing new traps!!!!

Tom

i have nothing on my mature 'Dixie Lace' yet. we are going to have a rather warm week so i hope they should come out soon!!!
Alex

You guys are so lucky :\. I won't even be able to put my pots back outside until late April/early May if I'm lucky...

Funny thing... I had to move all of my outdoor planters inside due to extreme outdoor temperatures and freezing winds. It's about 66 where they are now, and all my VFTs are growing again. All of the Sarracenia, though, are still dormant.

Back