What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HERE THEY COME!!!!!!!!!!!

50 as of yesterday here! After clearing out some debris, today I've got 58!! More are still on the way. Crikey!

Bug- I hope you've got tylenol ready LOL! Congrats to you and your plants. Go go Bug's Plants! Ra ra!

I have two.... (and one came from a trade)

50 as of yesterday here! After clearing out some debris, today I've got 58!! More are still on the way. Crikey!

Bug- I hope you've got tylenol ready LOL! Congrats to you and your plants. Go go Bug's Plants! Ra ra!

To the tune of the "Speed Racer" theme:

Go Sarracenia. Go Sarracenia. Go Sarracenia GO!

:crazy:

man, my Sarracenia are still covered with snow. :thumbdown:

I finally broke the 100 mark, 111 now with the alatas and flavas almost all spent already!

.... 16 :)

0.... my 2 died but a new pitcher is barely starting to come up... the 'Dixie Lace' havent fully come out of dormancy yet...they are mature.
Alex

I have to stop at 561. I gave away some plants, and the flowers went with them. Still, not a bad count for a small collection.

you should take some pics of bunches of flowers Bugweed!!!
that would be awesome

S. flava is starting to blossom - yesterday afternoon I noticed the sepals were begining to open - today some of the petals have started to emerge :-D

My psitt is no longer psitting either! I am up to 4 buds. I thought I was a couple years out from buds.

I only have 1 flower and it's about to open.

My other Sarrs did not survive the attic during the winter, lesson learned! That means I HAVE to buy NEW ONES!!!

S_Lueco_x01.jpg

S_Lueco_x02.jpg

Your sarrs look pretty good for growing by a window. And how is that flowering with no leaves?

Your sarrs look pretty good for growing by a window. And how is that flowering with no leaves?

The sarrs purp in the background was in the attic and I brought it out Valentines day to wake it up. Not sure how it survived, it was dried out completely. I bought 2 bare root S. Luecos and both are sending up flowers first, they are large ryzomes.

Tom

Let's see... Looks like 66 is my final count. I may have a few late bloomers (har har) but I think that's it for the most part. Both of my S. alatas are the first to open (St. Taminy Parish and Covington, LA IIRC.)

Edit: Just remembered two single-flower plants that I forgot to count so: 68 is the "final" count.

Woo hoo. I'm going to come hope from my trip and have a lot of pollinating to do. lol!

No buds yet.

Its snowing here as I type this. I can hear people shoveling outside. I am displeased.

No buds yet.

Its snowing here as I type this. I can hear people shoveling outside. I am displeased.

I feel for ya, I'm not all that far from you and so far it's just warm enough here to be rain. I have 39 degrees F. at the moment...

Hang in there!

Tom

I only have 1 flower and it's about to open.

My other Sarrs did not survive the attic during the winter, lesson learned! That means I HAVE to buy NEW ONES!!!

Mine did very well in the attic and I saw an S. alata send up a scape.

IMG_0008.jpg

But when I put my minibogs outside, my pot of VFT's were MIA, as well as my temperate sundews, and most of my Sarrs looked like someone shredded them. Not sure if it was human vandalism or critters or a combination of both. How am I supposed to grow outdoor plants and not have them fall victim to whatever?!

Mine did very well in the attic and I saw an S. alata send up a scape.

But when I put my minibogs outside, my pot of VFT's were MIA, as well as my temperate sundews, and most of my Sarrs looked like someone shredded them. Not sure if it was human vandalism or critters or a combination of both. How am I supposed to grow outdoor plants and not have them fall victim to whatever?!

Well next fall I'll remove all my sarrs (I don't have dozens like a lot of you folks!), baggie them and like the VFTs they go in fridge.

Tom

Back