What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evil Cephalotus

So, I'm going downstairs to grab anudda beer and I see this bugger tryin to get loose!! well he got as far as the kitchen table and I go to grab em to throw him back in the cage and the b*st*rd went for me!!
Ceph-Dark.jpg

I jump back in time, got em and tossed him back in the cage to chill with his buddies...
Ceph-Red.jpg

Now I'll be keeping a better eye on them.......

Pretty!

Day of the Cephalotus

awesome, I especially like that second pic... great color!

all the nice cephs are coming out to show their stuff

cheers'
Av

The Ceph attacked you? lol. Maybe I need a couple brews to make sense of the post...

xvart.

yea...i dont get it.... but the cephs are really nice!

what? dont you know? if you staare at them long enough they start moveing!

What? Are you on drugs? Why are you squinting? lol.

xvart.

What? Are you on drugs?

Yeah seriously. I've never seen my cephlings move, not once!

But sometimes I hear them whispering when the lights go out.. :eek:

Damn thank god that you're still alive, those Cephs bite wreally hard...:-))

Anyway very nice plants, what sort of clone is the second one, I love its colour...

My Cephs tend to employ a sort of mesmerizing attack- I will go past where they are and suddenly it's an hour or two later and I'm standing there staring at them...

Nice pics of a fine looking set of Cephs man! (PS NEVER try to cross Godzilla cells with that thing- the rose experiment was bad enough ;))

Oh the shame, I have never seen the Biolante movie... I did know what you were talkin bout though. Now I definitelt gotta check it out!
As for the size question? The second ain't too big, the first one is a pretty good size... maybe I'll measure the pots when I get home.
And the story comes from the fact that I thought the picture was really dramatic and that it almost seemed like the Ceph was leaping out at you with mouths agape like a dog that goes to bite you so I made this story up to give the pics an amusing twist...
The second one I got from Black Jungle at the 2005 NECPS show and I grow it closer to the lights, Ima probly move it even closer to get a nice deep red, or maybe do that with one of the other Cephs...

Great looking plants! They look quite happy.
JMatt

My Cephs tend to employ a sort of mesmerizing attack- I will go past where they are and suddenly it's an hour or two later and I'm standing there staring at them...

With pics like that I can see why. I would stand for days and not realize it...

xvart.

Well if you drink enough Guinness everything will start to move. I like them cephs though. Mine is still a little baby.

NEVER SEEN BIOLLANTE?!?!?!?!

DUDE, you should be temporarily banned so you can watch the thing- I find it quaint when folks talk about Little Shop having the "Ultimate CP" in it- Biollante is the biggest monster Gojira ever fought- the action in it is actually kinda lousy, as Biollante can't really move, so it's just Gojira basically getting torn to shreds while he tries to get close enough to hit him- once he's within range, Biollante folds faster than Superman on laundry day, so quick that he has to be re-incarnated just so Gojira can blow him up again, it's pretty fun...

And the whole angle of how he got created- a scientist loses his daughter in an explosion, and she has this special Rose plant that he is CONVINCED houses her spirit, so what does he do?? Requisitions some Godzilla cells (since thy have an "immortality gene) and tries to splice the Rose with the G-cells- CHAOS insues, needless to say...

Okay, sorryfor the aside, back to Cephs- I just couldn't get over the fact that a CP nut with such sweet plants AND a Gojira fixation could possibly be in the "ain't seen it" category with that film, a real classic, had to whet Quogue's interest a little :D

Oh the shame...:down: I will check it out though. I'm mostly into the older movies, got the 2 dvd of the original with the Japanese Gojira as soon as it was released. I haven't seen all the new ones, just the ones the BlockBusters have wherever I would be living and a couple I own. [MechaGhidarah!!]

Back