What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

red ceph

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I have a small ceph and I is not growing, could you pleace tell me the best way to care for a very small ceph made britial by stupidty.:sorry: I really need help and fast.:help:

oops, I messed up the title, when I started I typed that but, didn't change it :(

They grow really slowly, so a lot of patience is necessary. Is it just no growing? Or does it show signs of decline? If you recently repotted it it will take a lot of time to readjust. Ceph's do not like to have their roots disturbed. Otherwise, give it lots of light and keep it in a tray of just a little bit of water.

xvart.

.... Come on dude you need to tell us your conditions....

I have had in to moist conditions so I resently changed the amount of water I give it so it stays moist not drenched, it is growing natural light in the window, It has started to decline, and there hasn't been a change in pot.

You won't need to change the pot for a long time if you just got it. You are keeping it on a tray system? If so, make sure not to have too much water in it (about a 1/4" I believe).

xvart.

Ya, I just change that so it will be fine, I placed a 16 0z soda bottle top over it to keep in humidity. The plants leaves turn brown then shrivel. I might have two as one side is a plump healthy looking youngster, but the other is a red and brown grave for traps.

Okay it has started spring growth and is not declining anymore but has reversed that and has started to grow traditional leaves. How long does it take for them to finish growing and when can I expect to see new traps?

Back