What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

self pollinanting S.flava

I have a S.flava I believe could be a cross between S.f.flava and S.f.ornate. It has fewer veins then S.f.ornate but more then s.f.flava.???. I was thinking that if I selfed pollinated this plant I would get some seeds that would look more like S.f.ornate. what do you guys think, am I :crazy: .
Thanks, Jack
:banana2: :boogie:

I believe that the major influence in traits of that sort are due mainly to how much sunlight they get. I am positive thats what Bugweed told me in regards to why his S. oreophila, and a couple others, show much more coloration than the same plants grown in lower light conditions.

Cheers
Steve

That's the case with some plants but not this one, in fact as the summer gets longer this plant loses most of it's color (same with my S.f.coppertop ). Plants like my S.alata.nigrapurpuria does get redder as it gets more sunshine.

Back