What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare cultivars

Well, its been a LONG time since I've seen (or heard) about the following cultivars from ICPS newsletter:

Adrian Slack
Vintage Slack
Red Ruffles
Lynda Butt
Harvest of Gold, Golden Red Jubilee

Has any progress been made tissue culturing these? I think we all want "Adrian Slack" :-D

And, what happened to "Cobra's nest?" At one time, you saw them at a lot of places, but now they're scarce.

Oh god what we wouldn't give for 'Adrain Slack'! That and 'Leah Wilkerson' are the two most beautiful plants in existence if you ask me. I'd like to see a cross between the two.

You used to see Cobras but you're right there are fewer and fewer.

Adrian Slack is around but I doubt it will ever enter into TC. The reason being that flava and moorei plants seem to have a serious issue with getting clean for TC. Some quirk of flava

'Leah' is in the works for TC however though I do not know when/if she is slated to go mass production.

Adrian Slack
Vintage Slack
Red Ruffles
Lynda Butt
Harvest of Gold, Golden Red Jubilee

'Adrian Slack' is still out there with collectors and 'Lynda Butt' is widespread over here. There was a source in the UK with purpurea 'Red Ruffles', although I don't know if he still has it.
The rest you don't hear much about.

Most of these plants are out there somewhere - you just have to know who to ask !!

As Alexis says - Lynda Butt is now easy to get here in the U.K. - it wasn't a few years ago though.

Eventually we all get what we want. By then though there are more new forms we all crave for........ it'll never end ???

Julie

GROWLIST http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107687

I'm only 17. Sometimes I wonder what our hobby will be like whenever I'm like 40 or 50. I want a driveway lined with Leahs.

Lol ... im still waiting for mine :(

Guess it wont be till ext year now

Me too Joel, let me know if you locate one !!

Julie

Mike King was kind enough to send me S. X Diane Whitaker. I think it is a beautiful clone. You don't hear much about it these days.

I have several spares of Diane Whittaker.

They are widely available over this side of the pond.

Julie

It's as if the lids are reaching out and trying to snag a meal.

I think I had 'Red Ruffles' before, but it was part of my first collection, thus suffered my poor growing knowledge, and died. I haven't been able to find a replacement since. I really would like one.

I think I had 'Red Ruffles' before, but it was part of my first collection, thus suffered my poor growing knowledge, and died. I haven't been able to find a replacement since. I really would like one.
I know Dean Cook used to have them (since he regularly bugged me for more). They're available if you have something comparable with which to trade ..... :poke:

Oh god what we wouldn't give for 'Adrain Slack'! That and 'Leah Wilkerson' are the two most beautiful plants in existence if you ask me. I'd like to see a cross between the two.

You used to see Cobras but you're right there are fewer and fewer.

I have just made the cross and now waiting for the seed..

Give it time!

You are my new hero Mike.

I know Dean Cook used to have them (since he regularly bugged me for more). They're available if you have something comparable with which to trade ..... :poke:

Pming...alright? ???

Back