What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. minor adulthood flip-flop

My H. minor put out 4 adult pitchers, then spontaneously reverted to putting out juvenile pitchers again. Is it going to continue to flip back and forth, or will it settle down eventually and only produce adult growth?

Did the growing conditions change? It could be stress related.

To my knowledge, the growing conditions are unchanged. The only difference might be settling of potting medium. I haven't fed it in a while, I wonder if it's reverting to smaller pitchers due to lack of nutrients...

Could the new pitchers be from an offshoot? All the offshoots from my H heterdoxa x minor produce immature pitchers.

They're coming from the original growth point, but it could be branching again. It seems like every other pitcher on this thing becomes a new growth point. I'll just have to wait it out I guess. I'll try to post a photo when I get time this weekend. It'll make things a bit clearer for everyone.

Photo posted, a bit late. The plant put out juvenile pitchers for a few months, and seems to be switching back now. Check my H. minor photo journal for the pics...

jrod, you don't need to resurrect this thread to update another thread you made.

Back