Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heliamphora Tequila cultivation queries

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a few years ago (2002ish) a drop of skim milk seemed to be all the rage for Heli's....
    I see a lot of people mention fish food of one type or another these days. What are the current thoughts on this?

Was/is encouraging beneficial bacteria growth also part of reasoning behind using milk?

TIA,
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think milk is used for the easy absorbtion of protein and calcium among other nutrients. I personally use fish food that is high in protein. To me, fish food seems to be the closest thing to an artificial insect. The supplementing can vary and be effective, but the trick is consistent feeding over time for many cps. I think it comes down to personal preference and a source of what is readily available.

Sarracenia in another life.... rockstarcobain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    REALLY? Fish Food? I never thought of feeding my heli, or any other cp fish food? Doesn't mold and/or fungus become a problem? How about detrimental effects on the plants health?
    It is better to burn out, than to fade away....

Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108495

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd LOVE to get one of these guys, but can't find online retailers Isn't this the only cultivar?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, this is my only Heli. hehe Luckily, it seems to do pretty well. It slowed down during the winter here but now with more light it's putting out really nice pitchers,

Mine is grown on a "windowsill" that gets full sun for the majority of the day. Temps up to the high 70s and maybe the occasional mid 80s and down to 60's and the like. My window is always open at night so it gets a pretty big cool down and doesn't seem to mind. It normally dries out a little before getting water and the humidity levels are nothing to write home about (probably low of 40%.) The cold night temps normally cause the humidity levels to jump up, though.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarcobain View Post
    REALLY? Fish Food? I never thought of feeding my heli, or any other cp fish food? Doesn't mold and/or fungus become a problem? How about detrimental effects on the plants health?

Yes, I have been using fish food for about 4 years now. No, fungus only becomes an issue if you overfeed. I err on the side of too little food until I know the plant can handle it. The plants seem to benefit by feeding. I have overfed some pitchers before so I lose them earlier than I normally would, but the next pitcher comes out just fine, if not better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I'd LOVE to get one of these guys, but can't find online retailers Isn't this the only cultivar?
    There seems to be 5 varieties of 'Tequilla'. Haven't seen em available since they were first released for sale, but I'm sure more will be around as people propegate em..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    There seems to be 5 varieties of 'Tequilla'. Haven't seen em available since they were first released for sale, but I'm sure more will be around as people propegate em..
    please elaborate

Av

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast