What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It froze last night. What do I do?

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey guys. It froze last night. My banana tree, philodendron, orchids, D. adelae, B. filifolia, and all of my sarracenia froze last night. It was SO nice yesterday who knew it would freeze?

The developing pitchers and flowers buds are all dead. I'll clip them off later. Should I bring everything inside? Even the water has a frozen sheet on top but it's thawing.

I'm pissed as hell but I know this won't kill them. Just a setback :censor: I'm sad lol. It was so nice yesterday, who knew?

I even had an Aldrovanda tank set up with plants. Prolly killed the water hyacinth and lettuce. At least my Aldrovanda hasn't come yet.

That's too bad. The Sarracenias will survive the setback, but I don't know about the rest. Depending on the species of banana, it'll probably lose it's leaves but keep on growing. The orchids might be goners and I don't know about the others. This is why I get paranoid about the weather after I start putting plants out in the spring and when I'm trying to extend their stay outdoors in the fall.

Back