0 Thread(s)
    And they're all awake too right.
    Just warn me if I'm getting annoying.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You learn by doing stuff that works, making mistakes and asking questions. Often by asking questions you can avoid making mistakes.

Not living in the Carolinas I have no idea if the CPs in the area are growing or not. Perhaps Ozzy, who does live in the region, will answer that.

Growing season for Sarrs and VFTs in the Northern Hemisphere is usually from April through November. Of course that can change depending on the locality and the severity or mildness of a season.

Dormancy is brought on by a number of environmental cues: photoperiod, temperatures, and moisture probably being the most important ones. There is probably no simple, single switch or threshold that signals these plants to go dormant. It's not like as soon as the temperature drops below 40F they automatically go dormant. True you can induce a dormant state by putting these plants into a refrigerator, but probably takes a matter of a week or more of lack of light and cold temps for the metabolic processes to slow down enough to be considered dormant.

If you're going to worry about your temperate CPs whenever the temps dip into the 50s or 40sF then maybe you should pick up a different hobby.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry for worrying......
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the sarrs and VFTs outside and the sarrs are already turning redder (the new one anyway). One pitcher caught a small hornet or something with my help too, and the fly trap caught some unknown bugs.
    And, since it was so nice, I put my dying sundew out there for the fun of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abcat1993 View Post
    And, since it was so nice, I put my dying sundew out there for the fun of it.
    Lmao.

The new pitchers on my Sarras are turning red too. The wasps like stinging my S. oreophila x leucophylla as they go down, so now it has some red veination, haha.

I don't know why I haven't put my Dionaea out yet, very, very few of the traps work due to me only having them a few months, so growth should kick up out there.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to get down to 45 tonight from being near 70 all day, will the shock hurt my VFTs or Sarrs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they'll be fine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123