What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In my eagerness to harden TC Cephs

Cindy

Staff member
The fellows turned yellow suddenly after a few days high light (heat) at the windowsill. I suspect the roots are fried. :-(

hs3.jpg

hs4.jpg

growth point is still alive.
Alex

I'd say the above point is valid one. Some of the foliage definitly is damaged, but the growth point and newer growth is looking good. Having the old foliage die off doesn't help the plant, but I wouldn't give up on it yet.

Besides the heat/light, did the media dry out too much? Is there any visible evidence of root damage?

Go little Ceph, you can make it! :)

There's still hope :) . Mine looked like that

Did I spot a green winter leaf? I would try and sprout it. That saved my clone when the parent plant did the sudden death thing.

If cephs don't have that virus like nepenthes and sarracenia I could give tc a try on one.

Cindy,

That is nothing. I have BBQ'd a number of Cephs out of flask and still gotten them to recover. My advice is to bag them and put them in as cool a place as possible (highlander if you can) and then just wait. You should see recovery in a week or so. :)

Looks like a plant dumping its old leaves and starting to put out new ones which are better adjusted to the new growing conditions. I know nothing about Cephs, but I've seen similar behavior on all of my orchids/CPs. Seems like they look fine for about a week after a change in conditions, then they suck all the nutrients out of their leaves (the yellowing) and put out a bunch of new growth. This is most distressing for me with sundews, which go all dry and sad looking, then boom come the new leaves. But that's just my $0.02, YMMV.

Back