Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning S. leucophylla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took both of the dying plants out of the pot and took a look at their roots. Both of them had healthy-looking root systems (firm and white, with some older brown and black roots), so I gently removed as much of the soil as I could with my hands, planted each in its own 3" pot, and quarantined them to their own water tray. I'm hoping that they'll make a good quick recovery and that the remaining plants in the original pot will stay healthy and strong.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have swarms of adult fungus gnats with a bad infestation.

What kind of shape were the rhizomes in? Were they still firm?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave the rhizomes a little squeeze and they seemed about as firm as a grape. I posed the same questions to a vendor/grower that I highly respect and they suggested that it may be a fungal infection damaging the roots, and that I should uproot all of the plants in the pot, spray the roots with a sulfur-based fungicide (I used Lilly Miller's Polysul), and repot them in fresh soil, one plant to a pot. I did so, and noticed that all of the roots looked healthy, so I'm optimistic that at least some of them will survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like mine here, but in my case i'm pretty sure it's from the hot spring we're having in Atlanta. Extreme watering with ice water has reconciled the issue here and I have some nice pitchers finally growing. Previously the tips turned brown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12