User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can these two Sarrs be salvaged?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like "Botanical Wonders" might be a brand or product line name. So far I haven't been able to turn up a nursery or business under that name from internet or yellow pages. I've turned up "Hanover Botanicals" as a nursery in at least two cities, which has been mentioned as a name on some of these warehouse wonders. Maybe "Botanical Wonders" = "Hanover Botanicals"?

One of my side project is to track down the nurseries that actually propagate these CPs. And have them label the species/cultivar/hybrid as accurately as possible. Or at least finding out what they produce to make life easier in identifying them.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. The box says Botanical Wonders.

I couldn't find them online either.

Okay. I'll leave the two sickly children as they are. Lottsa light and water will be their diet for now.

I hope to grow them healthy and attractive to give them away as gifts to co-workers and family members. I'm trying to get others around be interested in CP's too.

Thanks for the advice all!!
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and since its S. rubra, its going to divide like crazy!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the rhizome is fine ur good. Don't cut off anything green on the Sarr.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thanks to sleuthing by Av8tor1 it looks like "Botanical Wonders" come from CIP (or C.I.P.) Nursery located in Surrey County, North Carolina (I haven't found a listing yet).

It seems like the owner was busted in 1999 for trying to sell illegally wild collected VFTs one shipment of 9,000 and another of 5,000 to a Dutch nursery owner. Details can be read here. Brief here. It looks like the Dutch owner did the collecting or paid poachers to collect.

Have any of you North Carolina members heard of CIP Nursery?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an update on my Lowe's rescue Rubras..........

They're gettin' some color to 'em from the florescent lights. Eventually I'd like to put them outdoors to get some real sunlight. Just trying to harden them up a bit first.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put them outside...asap!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main thing to worry about is sunburn, which is what Alexis was getting at. Put them near a window or outside where you can control the hours of direct sunlight they get and increase the amount every few days for a couple weeks by moving the plants or shade cover. If you notice any burn back off a bit. Start out with a couple hours or so.

Even if the plants burn a bit it shouldn't kill them unless you let them dry out. It'll slow their growth down a bit though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast