What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wistuba delux heli mix, need translated from french

débris de liège 2 cm / écorce de pin 2 cm / billes de polystyrène / grains de charbon de bois, diamètre : 5mm / tourbe (6:4:4:1:1)

the online utilities translate the first ingredient as being cork, but when I try to find a source for horticultural grade ground cork I come up empty, sooooo maybe something is getting lost in the trans LOL

TIA,
Av

(just doing my homework....)

Ground cork is availabel from some places, shot me a line, I think I have a source for you.

cork remains 2 cm pieces, 6 parts
Pine bark 2 cm pieces, 4 parts
polystyrene chips, 4 parts
charcoal 5mm pieces, 1 part
peat 1 part

It doesn't actually say the word pieces, and I used the Google translator. I guess if you needed just a little you could chop a sheet of untreated cork into 4-8 pieces then spin it around the blender to the consistency you want.

Don't trust an online translator. What it actually says is, "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

and now for something completely different... :-))

another version of his deluxe mix:

1 part Cork
2 parts Pine Bark
2 parts Meranti wood shavings (Cypress maybe?)
1 part polystyrene foam (fine)
1 part polystyrene foam (coarse)
0.5 part charcoal (fine)
0.5 part peat

CPN Vol. 19 pages 44-45

Meranti
(a light, hardwood rain forest tree from Malaysia, commonly used in the boating and furniture industry)
(hmmm let me check my stash, nope... I must have just run out ??? )​

Back