What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.leucophylla 'Petite Red'

Here's a leuco I've had for several years now. It comes from near the Crestview, FL area. I'm a bad photographer (rather a lazy one) and the process of getting the pics from my camera onto here is a tedious one. These will have to do for now.

newcam032-1.jpg

newcam034.jpg

Those are gorgeous! :-D

Thanks. I really like their compactness and color.

Looking good, Manny!! I will have to send you a pic and see if mine get the same color up here!

Thanks Wes. I look forward to seeing how it does for you.

Man, look at all those neps in the background!!!!!! People in FL are blessed!!! :O

Indeed Jeff. They grow outdoors exposed to all the elements.

Very nice! Leucophylla is definately my favorite species. Or at least hybrids that show an abundance of leucophylla.

xvart.

They are nice. How petite are they and do you have to do anything special for their dormancy or are they happy in your subtropical climate?

They stay rather thin, but can get fairly tall. Don't have exact figures. Perhaps a little under a foot tall. I don't do anything special with any of my Sarracenia during the winter months. I keep them a bit drier. I have been growing Sarracenia down here for fifteen years without many problems.

Back