User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof that I'm growing! (Pictures)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Est, what do you do for your Tequilas? You can see what I do for mine and what mine look like on a thread I posted a few days ago. Yours seems to be similarly colored with maybe a little more yellow. I just want to see what it will accept. Also how big are the pitchers?
    I'll try to get another shot for you when it's light out. From rhizome to top of the nectar spoon, the biggest pitcher is 5 inches tall. It actually just grows on a windowsill. No humidity dome tank, supplemental lights or anything. I try to keep it pretty wet, but it dries out a bit between waterings. Humidity levels during the day are nothing to write home about, though I don't have any exact measurements. Due the to relatively extreme temperature drops during the night, humidity is usually pretty high, and since my window is usually open over-night they get at least some higher humidity. If all Helis react this well to my windowsill, I want MORE! lol

You mean in depths of a pitcher plant?
    It's as nature wanted it! Naw, he went downstairs in to the ivy. Seriously. Don't look at me like that.

Offshot of a D. spatulata x Cephalotus follicularis hybrid?
    I should introduce you to my Venus Flytrap, Butterwort cross. [/Little Shop reference] hehe
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, shucks, since I don't have enough pictures to justify making picture topics in all the other specific plant forums, I'll just dump the rest of the pictures here. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for all of the comments so far!

A shot of one of my S. purpurea that I am sort of fond of. It isn't good in terms of showing you the entire profile of the plant, but I like the colours. heh

Nepenthes:

N. sibuyanensis basals. Two of them. This plant doesn't grow too well for me, but it makes basals like none other!

On of the latest pitchers on my N. hamata. The pitcher is about 1 inch tall. The plant itself is probably about 3 inches across and growing! Another windowsill plant. The new pitchers coming in are looking even bigger.

Venus Flytraps:

Your average Typical. With a gorey-looking twist. I'm rather fond of this plant. The red beyond the inner lobes really make this one look vicious!

A closeup of a few of my D. 'Pink Venus' traps in various states of development. Once again, no real plant profile in the picture, but I think it looks nice enough.

Drosera:

Taking a random picture one day, I discovered something. I didn't see it on the plant at the time, only in the shot after I was reviewing my pictures for the day. There's a teeny bug in the white box.

And a closer view.

Aaaand last for now is a gooey, sticky, digested meal on what I believe is my D. intermedia 'Carolina Giant'. Just makes ya hungry, doesn't it?

\(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still hitting Page Down! Great cultivating!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we'll have to belive you now ! Nice pics.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    A new offshoot forming! Yay! Will have to get the name in the morning- tooo tired to remember. Wait, am I DRIVING?! --Edit: The plant is S. flava 'All Green'

At the risk of bursting you bubble , the obvious anthocyanin production would argue that whoever gave thal plant to you as an "all green" was lying. Most likely it is just a var. maxima.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    At the risk of bursting you bubble , the obvious anthocyanin production would argue that whoever gave thal plant to you as an "all green" was lying. Most likely it is just a var. maxima.
    Woopsie! Too many pictures. hehe Actually, this picture is from one of my S. x areolata. Thanks for catching that mistake. hehe I'll edit in the correct name.

I need to wake up.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I have a question now.

I know that S. flava 'Maxima' is supposedly an all-green variety, but it produces anthocyanin which is present in the buds of new pitchers. Is it considered all-green because it produces veinless pitchers?

The latest issue of Carnivorous Plant Newsletter had a new cultivar description of an anthocyanin-free S. flava 'Suspicion'. Being anthocyanin free, would the pitchers look like the pitchers of a 'Maxima'? Is the only difference in the two because immature pitchers in 'Maxima' have red coloration?

Just curious...

Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not all green. Maxima flava have green pitchers. with slightly reddish bases. so unlike normal flava, there is no throat splotch.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast