Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tea for tannins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Green tea is low in tannins. Black tea is made by crushing the fresh tea leaves and oxidizing (usually called fermenting but it is not a fermentation process) for several hours and then dried. The leaves turn black from the tannins. Uncrushed leaves yield...green tea.

There should be no additives with good quality tea. Decaffinated is a different matter.

I don't know if pine needles etc are high in tannins.

I think the experimentations by other forum members indicate "peat tea" seems to yield the most noticable results. Do a forum search on "peat tea".
    The only difficulty I find with brewing peat tea, is once you are done, the peat has been leached and it's not so useful anymore for the cps. What do you do with that sort of peat then?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add some perlite and Osmocoat. Boom, you have those fancy pre-made mixes for houseplants.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up North of where I live, in S.purpurea ssp. purpurea country, there are lakes and rivers where the water is literally stained brown from Tannins released from Tamarack trees, mostly, might be a good ingredient in such a "tea" if you had access to them
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12