What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping seedlings

Since I don't have a heck of a lot to offer for the auction, I'm thinking about some of the sarracenia seedlings that I have. They're less than 6 months old and I'm wondering if I should just let them be or if shipping is ok when they're so tiny.

They're tough little buggers, aren't they?

They should be fine, I got some 6 month old sarr seedlings not long ago and they're doin great.

Sarracenia seedlings

Would you be able to post some to the U.K to me - Im just starting out with this interest in CP although Ive been a very keen gardener for about 25 years, Im sure I have something to swop...............if anyone else has Sarracenia seed or seedlings pls contact me on this forum & Im sure we can sort some swops out.
Thanks & happy gardening to all !!

Shipping live plants overseas is difficult and not practical for most people except commercial nurseries. The permits and phytosanitary restrictions are difficult and expensive to obtain and meet.

I'm sure our many UK members will help you out in getting started.

Would you be able to post some to the U.K to me

Be aware that there are shipping and phyto regulations to send plants to the UK. I'm also not sure that seedlings would survive such a long journey.

Damp sphagnum is a good shipping medium. Seedlings put into a baggie with lots of damp moss should be ok. But they would need to be in a box to prevent pressure from crushing them.

And thank you for thinking of NASC. It's greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Dave

Sending plants from the US to UK without all the necessary paperwork is illegal.

Have a look at ebay or post at the cpuk forum. There are plenty of people with spare seedlings in the UK.

Hi Dave

Sending plants from the US to UK without all the necessary paperwork is illegal.

Have a look at ebay or post at the cpuk forum. There are plenty of people with spare seedlings in the UK.

But if you have an ePermit (APHIS), as I and Drsoeraguy have, it is legal to ship seeds from the abroad to the US, using the "Small Lots Of Seeds" program.

FREE !! You just need to take some time and fill out the paperwork, online is easiest. Next find your local USDA office to prove you are who you are and that's about it.

I've gotten seeds from a VERY generous Australian fellow with my first permit attempt. They are germinating as I type !

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14269&highlight=aphis

Search here for APHIS too for a couple more threads. If you have any questions BUG JIMSCOTT !! :jester: Actually I think either one of us would be happy to assist anyone through the process.

We seem to have jumped from seedlings to seeds here.

Seeds are a different matter.

Back