Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ceph humidity issue

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright guys....thanks soo much for the help. I just removed the dome. I am right now just praying that the lid shouldn't close.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill agree as long as you combine it with good circulation...

just remember, smaller pitchers wont kill the plant but sudden death syndrome and botrytis will

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not smaller pitchers...the issue is "drying up" pitchers. I guess right now i am back at the situation I was when I go tthe plant....After soooo much fiddling around...I am again worried if it will go back into shock.

I guess it must have adjusted ...or else it wouldn't have made an adult pitcher.

But me being a genius...I screwed around with it now.... o boy! I am scared.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just cut progressively bigger holes in the dome over a week or two.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just looking up the ICPS cultivation info on cephs. They say that root rot is the cause of death. they said something about drip irrigation.

can someone please explain how to do that? I basically water my ceph once in 3 days or so. I just use a spray bottle...spray some in the bowl...watch it seep in... do it like 3 or 4 times until the seeping stops and there is like a couple of mm of water. Then I stay away and just watch it from the sidelines for the next 3 days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the dome in the morning around at 9 AM. Its like 4 Pm now. I had been shuffling the dome on and off. I removed it like 10 min ago. Do u think I should put it back and reaclaimatise it?

If i cut too many holes...that defies the purpose of having the dome. Instead...tehre is no air circulation and the heat builds up and the humidity escapes.( I especially noticed that these windows make a lot of effect on humidity drop in my nep enclousure).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm certainly no ceph expert but I have never had one dry up,

Charles Brewer once said that the lid opening had more to do with substrate moisture level then humidity...

in my experience it seems to have something to do with maturity as well, probably a lot of factors come into play

but I keep mine at 40-60%RH, I don't mist and I don't use domes, of course cephs are famous for being divas and drama queens

couple pics of mine fwiw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY CRAP!! that is insane. OMG! WOWWWWW!! amazing. Man! I can only dream of my ceph becoming like that. WOW!

O....is it ok ... I just moved the plant in center under the light. Earlier it was at a side....at like 4 or 6 inches under the 4 foot shoplight. Now its daed center under both the tubes. I am hoping this should be a little improvement.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast