What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus care?

I just got a cephalotus and want to know how i should take care of it

This would be a great time to use the search function since I'm sure there is at least one post about general ceph care.

These are probably things you should think about prior to getting a plant; but anyways, I have mine in a tray that I let dry for a few days between waterings. Give it lots of light, and don't move it around a lot.

xvart.

Nice! Your first ceph! Got it while you were in Portland?

I like tall, wide terra cotta pots. something they can stay in for a long time so you don't have to repot them for a while.

I think my mix is 2/1 perlite/peat and I don't put it in a tray of water except for when I leave town. I grow it like a nepenthes and top water.

You should read how to cultivate a plant before you get it...

Yes, try the search feature. Cephalotus can be quite easy for some and quite hard for others... it's odd.

Ooh! Can I say it too? Use the search feature. HAHA!

Seriously, you'll find many different methods. I don't use a tray. I have mine in a windowsill, but I live in Seattle, so it's pretty humid here. Um.. Just be sure to let it dry out between waterings. And don't move it around a lot. When you pot it, you should make a mound in the center where you plant the ceph to keep it higher above the soil and prevent mold and fungus.

mine grows on a growshelf. right now temp is 71* and humidity is 61% i got this one from Clint(justlikeapill) several months ago. Thanks for it Clint! here is how its doing now. i think its making its first mature pitcher. the structure of it is much different than the former pitchers.
IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

offshoot
IMG_1518.jpg

how am i doing Clint? :D
Alex

Thanks for all the help and i will use the search function next time :blush:

that plant's lookin good, Glider14.
That's definitely a "mature" pitcher, I was STOKED when mine first switched over, congratulations.. AND nice work, too :D

Aww it's cute! Nice work!

dont forget Clint. when it gets bigger i promised you a piece of the ceph(got a leafcutting going as we speak). a little refund :D
Alex

Back