What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal?

I planted this Sarracenia outside a few months ago and over the last two months the normal looking pitchers have been drying up. There's tons of new growth but most of them have this curved non-hollow look to them. Is this normal?

img3656uf4.jpg

Thats fine its just phyllodia most sarracenia produce it in the summer. But it will get pitchers again in the fall and spring.

Thats fine its just phyllodia most sarracenia produce it in the summer. But it will get pitchers again in the fall and spring.

Most? No, only S. flava and S. leucophylla and hybrids of them. But, yes, this is normal. You will have pitchers again after dormancy :).

you have 2 good looking pitchers coming up on the right side there :scratch: S. leucophylla, oreophila, and flava are ones that produce the most noticeable phyllodia... but i think all Sarrs do it right before dormancy.... its normal. wait until the weather starts to get cooler :)
Alex

you have 2 good looking pitchers coming up on the right side there :scratch: S. leucophylla, oreophila, and flava are ones that produce the most noticeable phyllodia... but i think all Sarrs do it right before dormancy.... its normal. wait until the weather starts to get cooler :)
Alex

Oh yeah, forgot about oreophila. ???

thanks for the reassurance guys, guess most people just dont post pics of phyllodia. Never seen them before.

Back