Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Recent Cephalotus Price Explosion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bidding conspiracy theory...

i thought about the reason for this recent spike in ceph auction bids being a scheme to artifically inflate sales prices, but i have seen the same thing with many different sellers so it's hard to believe everyone is in on it... and if that were the case why isn't there a similar spike in auction bids for other cps?

i too have a few cephs and have recently felt the pressure to keep them healthy in case this trend continues, but the weird thing with me is that for whatever reason i have found that my cephs are easier to keep alive here in So. Cal than even vfts... but for some reason it seems like there is some supply and demand element going on. almost every internet cp nursery lists cephs as 'out of stock' but you can get some of the most sensative and hard to grow nephs anytime you want....

go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $600... crazy!!! i mean what happens if it's lost in the mail or dies from shock? even if you are buying from a reputable person you can't guaruntee what happens in the shipping process... i don't care how nice the plant looks, i'd never spend that much for something that had to be shipped... it would have to be an in person transaction....

wow....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbyN View Post
    $600... crazy!!! i mean what happens if it's lost in the mail or dies from shock? even if you are buying from a reputable person you can't guaruntee what happens in the shipping process... i don't care how nice the plant looks, i'd never spend that much for something that had to be shipped... it would have to be an in person transaction....

wow....
    That is what postal insurance is for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
    I hope so.

I needed the room so it had to go.
    $150? that clump looks soooo much better and more established than the others that have gone for $100+ recently that i'd make book on at least $200. if it doesn't t here is something rotten going on... but who knows... these things go in waves i suppose... i recently bidded on a vft cultivar a few weeks ago and got it for about $13... this week another plant from the same mother plant went for over $35 before shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some people are forgetting how slow these plants grow. These plants dont split as quickly as sarracenia or fly traps and grow even slower from seed !!

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vater Araigne View Post
    That is what postal insurance is for.
    I'm not positive but I do not think you can insure a plant.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, USPS will not insure plants!
    Peter.
    Please check my website for photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me glad that I kept my Hummer's Giant when I went through my massive CP downsize way back when. It's happily growing in a low-light terrarium, retaining its beautiful, bright green coloring.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast