Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Recent Cephalotus Price Explosion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    el gecko, you also have that hamata for sale. Your insane to let even a baby side plant go. Your hamata are soooooo beautifull, im suprised you wouldn't trade it for a equally rare plant, for that hamata most people would trade real neat plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that tons of people have cephs. I see them in many, many growlists. I don't understand why they are in such demand if they are fairly common. Heck, even I had some (until an unfortunate repotting incident) and it wasn't very expensive (but it was TINY).

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drosoceph View Post
    el gecko, you also have that hamata for sale. Your insane to let even a baby side plant go. Your hamata are soooooo beautifull, im suprised you wouldn't trade it for a equally rare plant, for that hamata most people would trade real neat plants.
    Thanks for the comment on the N. hamata.
    I did trade / sell / give a few of the cuttings away to other growers.
    My biggest problem is room. I just currently do not have room for more plants.
    I'm rearranging what I have as I need to repot a few other neps into bigger pots. This is why the ceph and N. hamata cutting are on ebay right now.
    I think it will be May / June of next year and I'll be taking more cutting of the N. hamata anyway. When they vine they really take off growing. And she's on here way to the ceiling again.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both my Cephs I've got under $25 w/ shipping already included, but I HAVE seen some effed up prices!
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand it either, here in Europe I find Ceph's rather common, especially now that the dutch nurseries seem to mass produce them, they could get rich with selling Cephs at Ebay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These plants take forever to grow, so even at these prices, I don't think anybody is gonna get rich selling them. But, imagine buying that one on ebay, ripping it apart and take leaf cuttings of every leaf! You'd have a ton of baby cephs, though it'll be years before you can sell them
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear, between N. hamata and C. follicularis, there is a TON of money to be made by mass producing these plants here in the states. I think the average, non-CP growing person would flip if they saw a 1-2 year old N. hamata in the store, which would be followed by a quick purchase. Perhaps I'm just eager to see the price on these plants finally start to come down.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry,
    There is a bunch of growth points on the plant. Should have mentioned that on ebay to try to make people crazy. LOL
    Back on 05-13-2006 I did split the plant which is currently on ebay apart. It was fuller then it is now.
    It does seem to be pretty fast growing for a Ceph. Faster then my Ceph 'HG'. The pic earlier in this thread that shows the one in the brown pot. That is one of the cuttings from when I split the plant on 05-13-2006. Almost bigger then the mother plant.
    I think the extra room in the pot helps a bunch. I'll have to try to pay attention to that when I place a tiny Ceph 'HG' in the 12 3/4" pot I'm going to try maybe next year.

Here's the old thread with pics of the splitting.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103406

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast