Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Recent Cephalotus Price Explosion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LLeopardGGecko View Post
    I swear, between N. hamata and C. follicularis, there is a TON of money to be made by mass producing these plants here in the states. I think the average, non-CP growing person would flip if they saw a 1-2 year old N. hamata in the store, which would be followed by a quick purchase. Perhaps I'm just eager to see the price on these plants finally start to come down.

Amen to that. I like a nice ventricosa or Judy Hindle as much as the next person, but maybe it is time to add some species to the wholesale TC production?

A side note on the ebay hamata: I'd think that you could fetch an even higher price than normal since I'm guessing that it lives in the magic window and is already acclimated to being in a normal room. I just hope that it goes to a good home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Larry, i bet you the winning bidder (I'm referring to the recent one that sold for $600!) is doing exactly that!! He can make his money back (and more) in probably just a year!

Peter.
    Please check my website for photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $600 is just ridiculous, more money than sense. I have no problems getting the cuttings to root, but the plantlets stay tiny for years. I've been growing them outdoors, so they're probably not as happy as can be.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's happy, and the seller's happy (how could he not be?) then it's not ridiculous at all. A CLUMP of Hummer's Giant is not a thing you can easily buy.

I tried looking under completed auctions, but it's too old. However, if you view completed auctions for Cephalotus, the last one on the page sold for 210 dollars (plus shipping ) and had 31 bids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make $600 off of one plant is unbelievable. I would have loved to see the clump that went for that price, but in my head I'm thinking I'd have a hard time giving up what I'm assuming was a very mature Cephalotus, even for that price.

I guess I'd have to be in that situation to know for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another big auction....

$300 auction on saturday. wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya I know It got way too expensive for my taste. That Hamata went for 167.50 too, and I thought my bid was already overboard. Oh well, hopefully Hamatas make a re-appearance on the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So $300 and $167 for the Cephalotus and the N. hamata respectively? Wow! Good for you Elgecko!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast